Micks Pine Barrens
Canoe and Kayak Rental
3107 Route 563
Chatsworth, NJ 08019
Daily Rates for Canoes and Kayaks
Trips on the Wading and Oswego Rivers
|1 to 7 Canoes or Double Kayaks||$55.00 per boat|
|8 to 14 Canoes or Double Kayaks||$50.00 per boat|
|15 to 19 Canoes or Double Kayaks||$45.00 per boat|
|20 or more Canoes or Double Kayaks||$43.00 per boat|
| || |
|1 to 6 Kayaks ||$45.00 per boat|
|7 to 12 Kayaks ||$42.00 per boat|
|13 or more Kayaks ||$40.00 per boat|
Rental includes canoe or kayak, life vests, paddles and transportation to and from the river.
Private Canoe and Kayak Transportation
|1 Private Boat||$25.00 per boat|
|2 or more Private Boats||$20.00 per boat|
|One Way Transport From|
Beaver to Hawkins Additional
|$5.00 per boat|
|2nd Day Rate on Canoes or Kayaks|
in addition to the daily rate
|$30.00 per boat|
|3rd or 4th Person in Canoe |
free when under 10 years old
combined weight limit 690 pounds
|Bodine Field to Chips Folly|
overnight camping required
$3.00 per boat
|Seat Cushion ||$1.00 each|
for use at Micks picnic area
Prices do not include New Jersey Sales Tax.
We Accept these Major Credit Cards
When you arrive, just park your car and grab the gear. Register for trips inside the store, then head out to the bus stop sign by the picnic tables. In a few minutes a bus will arrive loaded with equipment for your trip. Hop aboard as we take a short ride through the forest to your starting point. Have a safe trip. We'll already be there at your destination to pick you up and return to Micks.
- Daily rates are per boat.
- Rental includes canoe or kayak, life vests, paddles and transportation to and from the river.
- No trips scheduled after 1:30 p.m. All boats must be on the beach by or before 5:00 p.m. daily.
- Children under 10 years old are free. No children under 5 years old permitted.
- Outdoor Shower and Changing Rooms for women and men available.
- Pets are welcome on day trips but must be on a leash.
- Parking at our facility is at your own risk. We are not responsible for vehicles or valuables left inside vehicles.
- Cancellations can be accepted up to 48 hours prior to your trip in order to receive your deposit back, or we can transfer your deposit to a new date.
- Livery service not available for those with rafts, tubes or inflatable floatation devices.
N o A l c o h o l P e r m i t t e d
The State of New Jersey does not allow alcoholic beverages on the rivers.
- Life vests are included with rentals and provided to each participant.
- Everyone is required to wear a life vest when on the water.
- There is a limit of 3 adults to each canoe or 2 adults and 2 small children to each canoe.
- One person per seat in kayaks.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- We cannot provide rental or livery services anytime unsafe conditions exist on the rivers, forests or roads.
We encourage our canoers and kayakers to relax and enjoy the gentle rivers and beauty of the forest. You can add extra time for swimming and picnicking to any trip. However, all boats must be returned by 5 p.m. Plan accordingly to make the most of your day. Please schedule yourself enough time. Your choice of trail is determined by how early you check-in at the store.
- 5 hour trips can arrive between store opening and no later than 10:30 a.m.
- 4 hour trips can arrive between store opening and no later than 11:30 a.m.
- 3 hour trips can arrive between store opening and no later than 12:30 p.m.
- 2 hour trips can arrive between store opening and no later than 1:30 p.m.
|Boat Type||Occupancy||Boat Length||Cockpit Width||Cockpit Length||Maximum Weight|
|Canoe||1-3 Adults||15 feet|| || ||690 pounds|
|Kayak||1 Adult||10 feet||23 inches||51 inches||275 pounds|
|Double Kayak||2 Adults||14 feet||24½ inches||86¾ inches||650 pounds|
Overnight Camping Discount
Rent canoes and kayaks for two or more consecutive days and receive a discount.
Call or stop by the store for more details.
Release Form for Participants
Everyone can speed up their registration by filling out our Participant Release of Liability in advance. Each participant must sign. Children under 18 years old are required to have permission of their parent or legal guardian.
Participant Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement
|The Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to print this file.|
You can download the file and find installation instructions there.
If you have special needs or concerns about your trip, we ask that you tell us. We sincerely want everyone to finish their trip with a smile. Micks is a family owned business and takes great pride in what we do. Customer service. Period.
Notice of Responsibility
Please operate your canoe or kayak in a safe manner. You are responsible for all rented equipment and will be charged for damage or loss of the equipment as follows:
|Seat Cushion |
|Life Vest |
|Canoe Paddle |
|Kayak Paddle |